Students can appeal against university decisions, including those about homework, assignments, projects, reports, exams or any other grade or outcome. The appeal procedure depends on whether the appeal relates to summative assessments (exams) or formative assessments or other matters. For appeals on matters not covered in this chapter, for example, disciplinary measures, students are asked to consult support for students. (A request form for student appeals is included at the end of this document).
Appeals Relating To Formative Assessments
All appeals about formative evaluations are handled by the Formative Evaluation Manager. Students who are not happy with their grades or other university decisions can call the academic support advisors directly and discuss the matter. Students have the right to request a new brand and can also request a report from the tutor that marked the task.
Appeals Relating To Summative Assessments
A student who wishes to change a summative evaluation decision may appeal for the following reasons: Illness or other factors unknown to the Examining Board when it made its decision, which negatively affected work performance or course evaluation, or prevented the presentation of the course work. Or evaluation assistance. There was a material administrative error. The evaluations were not performed in accordance with program regulations. There was some other material irregularity in conducting the evaluation. The student may, within one month of the publication of a result, request an examiner’s report and / or a review of the decision in the form of a new brand. Procedure The student must request a Review Request Form from the Summative Evaluation Department and submit the completed form to the same department. The student will receive confirmation of the application, followed by the report or the result of the new brand. Additional Appeals In the event that a student is not satisfied with the decision to redial for a final exam, an additional and final appeal may be directed to the Examination Appeals Committee.
The Examination Appeals Committee consists of following Members for the Examination Appeals Committee.
|1||Dr. Pooja Ohri||Chairperson||9876102549|
|2||Dr. Rajat Arora||Academic Support
|3||Mr. Gaurav Saini||Summative
Procedure For Lodging A Further Appeal
The learner fills in a Final Appeal Form, which is also obtainable from the Summative Assessment Department, and submits it to that department. The learner receives acknowledgement of receipt of the application. A Summative Assessment Manager presents the completed appeal document to the next meeting of the Examination Appeals Committee. The learner is notified as to when the appeals meeting is to be held. The Examination Appeals Committee makes a decision on the appeal and informs the learner in writing of this decision. The Summative Assessment Department keeps records of appeals heard by the Examination Appeals Committee and of the results of such appeals. The INTEC Academic Board is notified of all decisions made by the Examination Appeals Committee at the following board meeting.
- The student completes a Final Appeal Form, which can also be obtained from the Summative Evaluation Department, and sends it to that department.
- The student receives an acknowledgment of receipt of the application.
- A Summative Evaluation Manager submits the appeal document completed at the next meeting of the Examination Appeals Committee.
- The student is notified when the appeal meeting will be held.
- The Examination Appeals Committee makes a decision on the appeal and informs the student in writing about this decision.
- The Department of Summative Evaluation maintains records of the appeals heard by the Examination Appeals Committee and the results of such appeals.
Internal Verification / Quality Policy
The internal verifier must
- Make sure the sampling schedule is in accordance with the Sampling Plan. The sample size must follow the Guidelines of the contracting authority, however, as a starting point, the Internal Verifiers must ensure that the sampling plans cover a minimum of at least once: each unit / module, each student in the cohort, each evaluator. If the Internal Verifier has doubts about the quality of the evaluations, a larger sample should be taken to confirm the final decision of the Internal Verifier.
- Record the verification confirming the achievement / non-achievement provide feedback to the advisor and guidance on additional actions.
- Maintain internal verification records that identify which units and schemes are achieved and ensure that they are signed and dated in accordance with the requirements of the rating and awarding body.
- Full documentation for unit certification / qualification.
- Make sure all documents are signed and dated.
- Report bad management and academic bad practice to the Quality Systems Manager.
Observation evaluation The internal verifier must
- Keep accurate records of the evaluator’s performance, including the details of the comments provided.
- Keep accurate records of the candidate’s comments on the performance of the evaluator and their needs make sure all documents are signed and dated.
Monitoring and review of candidate progress the internal verifier must
- Produce a sampling strategy for candidate reviews.
- Keep accurate records of candidate reviews.
- Make sure all records are signed and dated.
- Keep records of the candidate satisfaction questionnaire.