Diploma in Engineering is a professional course which is of a total of 3 years duration. The candidates who have passed class 10th or 12th can apply for admission to Diploma in Engineering. Sometimes, the candidates cannot get admission in BE or B. Tech directly. Therefore, they apply for a degree in Diploma in Engineering which can help them get admission directly to the second year of Engineering. After completing a degree in Diploma, the candidates can go for B.Tech which collectively takes them 6 years to complete their engineering (3 years diploma + 3 years B. Tech).
Through the Diploma in Engineering, the candidates can go for a specific stream of engineering. Through the course, the candidates are provided theoretical and practical knowledge in terms of basic Mathematics, Physics, Chemistry, Computer Science, and other related subjects.
List of Polytechnic Courses (Diploma)
Some of the top Polytechnic Courses which the candidates can opt for in Diploma in Engineering is given in the table below:
- Diploma in Civil Engineering
- Diploma in Computer Science Engineering
- Diploma in Mechanical Engineering
- Diploma in Electrical Engineering
Diploma in Engineering Course Highlights
Some of the major highlights of the Diploma in Engineering course is given in the table below:
|Duration||3 years (6 semesters)|
|Exam Type||Per Semester|
|Eligibility||Must pass 10th or 12th in PCM from a recognised board|
|Minimum Aggregate Required||50%|
|Admission Process||Merit-Based, Entrance Exam|
|Starting Salary||INR 3 to 6 LPA|
|Job Options||Assistant Engineer, Junior Manager, Assistant Inventory Manager, Project Assistant, Junior Engineer, Professor, Consultant, etc.|
Diploma in Engineering (Polytechnic) Eligibility Criteria
To pursue a degree in Diploma in Engineering, the candidates will have to fulfil the given below eligibility criteria:
The candidate must be of a minimum of 17 years of age at the time of applying for the admission. There is no upper age to apply for admission to Diploma in Engineering.
- The candidate must have passed class 10th with main subjects as Mathematics, Physics and Chemistry from a recognised board.
- The candidate must have acquired an aggregate of 55% in 10th exams.
- The candidate must have passed class 12th from a recognised board.
- The candidate must have studied in class 12th major subjects as Mathematics and Physics and one of the optional subjects as Chemistry/ Biology/ Biotechnology.
- The candidate must have attained an overall aggregate of 50% (45% for the reserved candidates) in the qualifying exam
Diploma in Engineering (Polytechnic) Career Options and Job Prospects
After completing a course in Diploma in Engineering, the candidates can opt for various career opportunities and job prospects. The candidates who have pursued a degree in Diploma in Engineering can go for either a government-based or a private based industry. The various job options which the candidates can off after pursuing a degree in Diploma in Engineering include Assistant Engineer, Junior Manager, Assistant Inventory Manager, Project Assistant, Junior Engineer, Professor, Consultant, etc. The starting salary of a candidate for Diploma in Civil Engineering ranges in between INR 3 to 6 LPA.