PICK UP FACILITY
Aman Bhalla Group of Institutes provide complimentary pick up to its newly admitted international students, interested students can take the advantage of this complimentary pickup facility by sending the email or What’s APP us your Itinerary and fill up the arrival details at least one week before the date of arrival in India.
If the nearest airport to your university does not have a facility for international flights, it’s highly probable it is used for domestic air travel. Here is a list of major international airports in India.
|Location||Airport Name||Distance from ABGI||Travel time to campus by road (Approx.)|
|New Delhi||Indira Gandhi International Airport||556 km||9 Hours|
|Chandigarh||Chandigarh Airport||257 km||4 Hours|
|Amritsar||Sri Guru Ram Dass Jee International||80 km||2 Hours|
Terms and Condition for availing complimentary pickup facility
- The Complimentary pick up is the additional facility provided by the university and students cannot claim it as their rights.
- The student has to fill the details on the application portal at least 1week before the date of arrival in India.
- The pickup facility would be provided in case students are coming in groups and in case of smaller groups, the pickup may be denied. In such cases, the student would be informed within 72 hours of their arrival in India. In such cases, students will have to arrange the transports themselves and approximate cost and option of travel can be checked from the Joining related FAQs. It is suggested that you should provide correct contact details on the form.
- The complimentary Pickup service facility is only for new students of July/ August 2023 Batch.
- In case of any person accompanying that will not be considered under the complimentary pickup service and has to bear the cost.
- In case of any family member is accompanying the student, the transport cost for that member has to be borne separately by the student.
- The pickup service will be in morning/ day time, book your tickets accordingly.
- In case of any delay/ schedule change/cancellation of flight, inform the university at least 24 hours before your travel to India.
PRE ARRIVAL INFORMATION
The following bullet points provide a concise overview of all that needs to be done before leaving their nation of origin:
- Ensure that you secure a visa from the Indian High Commission or Embassy.
- Make sure you meet the medical fitness requirements before you leave the country.
- To prevent medical issues when you are in India, make sure you have received all the necessary vaccinations (hepatitis B and typhoid) (though it is not mandatory).
- If you need to take any medications for a medical condition that was prescribed by a doctor, please bring them with you. It is also advised to have the medication’s prescription on hand in case further clarification is needed.
- Request and register with the University International Office for the airport pick-up service at least two weeks before your arrival, and be sure to provide all of your travel information.
- Be sure to bring the letter, as well.
Make sure that you carry the originals, copies of your certificates/degrees and 10 passport size photographs.
- Ensure that your fee has been received by the University and you should carry the fee receipt.
- You can carry all your money in form of Travellers Cheques, which can be easily redeemed at the airport as well as a number of foreign exchange offices and banks.
- Keep all the valuables, important documents (Passport, Visa papers) in the Cabin baggage, to avoid the possibility of their getting misplaced during transit.
- Keep all the contact phone numbers handy in case of need.
- Temperature ranges between 35 – 45 degree Celsius during summers and 5 – 20 degree Celsius during winters. Here the winter season starts around October or November so the warm material (blankets, quilts, woolens, etc) must be brought accordingly.
- Whilst everything is available in India, however try to get all that you would require during the initial few days. All the essentials can be availed from the University tuck shops.
- The electric standard in India works on 240 V. So, ensure that you have an adapter for your mobile or laptop if it operates on a different voltage in your country. Also the electric sockets are 2 or 3 pin so ensure that you carry a converter in case required.
POST ARRIVAL INFORMATION
Formalities related to customs: Foreign students studying in India are typically obliged to declare orally their possession of luggage and foreign currency as soon as they arrive.
In accordance with this, they must additionally get the Currency Declaration Form from Customs. Additionally, the students need to complete the Disembarkation Card (Arrival card) that was given to them by the airline during the flight.
There are Two Channels for Clearance
Green Channel For passengers not in possession of any dutiable articles or lonely baggage.
Red Channel For passengers in possession of dutiable articles or lonely baggage or high value articles. High value articles are to be entered on the sightseer Baggage Re-Export Form.
ABGI will arrange the transfer of international students from Delhi or Amritsar airport on the specified date. To use this facility, a student must request and register for the service at least two weeks prior to his/her arrival and provide full flight details. All international students are also offered a pick-up option from Pathankot Cantt railway station or bus terminal with prior information and registration mandatory. Once international students are settled in, they will need to complete the following procedures and documents:
Registration: all international students are required to register with the International Coordinator Office of the ABGI.
Admissions Procedures: please contact the university’s International Office for admissions procedures.
Registration with FRRO: All international students studying in India must be registered with the Foreigners Regional Registration Office (FRRO) within 14 days of arrival in India (not applicable to Bhutanese and Nepalese students). The University’s International Office assists and guides student enrollment.