BBA is one of the most popular and sought after bachelor degree programmes pursued by students after Class 12. The BBA course is the gateway to a plethora of job opportunities in numerous sectors such as Marketing, Education, Finance, Sales, and Government to name a few.
BBA is a three-year professional undergraduate course in Business Management. It is open to students from all the three streams: Science, Arts and Commerce. The BBA course offers knowledge and training in management and leadership skills to prepare them for managerial roles and entrepreneurship. There are about 4600 BBA colleges in India. Students who wish to land in the field of management can pursue the BBA course after completing Class 12. The course will help the students learn various aspects of business administration and management through classroom lectures and practical projects like internships. The course will acquaint the students with various aspects of the business administration, market, marketing trends, etc.
BBA Eligibility Criteria and Entrance Exams
- Aspirants who have completed their Class 12 in any stream from a recognised educational board or university can pursue BBA
- The candidates must have attained a minimum of 50% aggregate and above in Class 12 In case a candidate has appeared for Class 12 exam and is waiting for the result, s/he can also apply to the course.
Skill sets Required for Pursuing BBA
The management fields demands a students to have some particular skills to manage different types of work. Check out the table below to know some of the skills required for BBA below:
|Team Player||Professional Communication Skills and Behavioral Grooming||Writing Skills|
|Etiquette||Conversational Skills||Consulting and Problem Solving Skills|
|Leadership Skills||Self-motivated||Critical and Analytical Thinking|
|Detail-oriented||Strong work ethic||Multi-tasking|
BBA Scope and Top Recruiters
On completion of BBA, aspirants generally opt for MBA. However, candidates can also choose to explore job opportunities in various fields such as banking, urban infrastructure and real estate management, business consultancies, advertising, manufacturing and in Government sectors to name a few. Some major job profiles one can opt for after completion of BBA are as follows:
- Human Resource Executive: The responsibility of a Human Resource Executive (HR Executive) includes ensuring that the strategies, methodology and HR programmes are administered and the objectives of the organisation are consistent with proficient benchmarks, state and government administrative prerequisites and laws. Also, planning, advising on HR strategies and overseeing human asset activities such as enrollment and pay is the key responsibility of an HR Executive.
- Marketing Executive: A Marketing Executive develops official statements and is responsible for promotion for the organisation’s products, conducting and analysing competitive research, and establishing objectives, expectations and results for marketing programmes.
- Marketing Manager: A Marketing Manager collaborates with product managers and aims at executing new/ modified programs for the establishment of improved strategies. Developing market research studies & analyze their finding, making the best use of marketing programs & campaigns for the organisation’s products and services are the responsibilities of a Marketing Manager.
- Sales Executive: The Sales Executive is required to design and implement strategies to increase company sales revenue and expand the company’s base in the market.
- Research and Development (R&D) Executive: A R&D Manager directs and manages the development & research programmes of an organisation in order to meet the needs of the organisation. Measuring the scope of research projects & making sure that they are delivered on time within the stipulated budget is the role of an R&D Manager.
BBA Top Recruiters
Some of the top companies offering jobs to BBA graduates are:
|Tata Consultancy Services (TCS)||Hindustan Unilever|
|International Business Machines (IBM) Corp||Ernst & Young (EY)|
|Microsoft||Mc Kinsey and Company|